To protect your supply of world-class water, we’re investing £6 million to replace the water main on Norwood Road.
When are you starting work?
We’ll be hard at work from Monday 27th May until June 2020.
We’d like to reassure you that we’ll do everything we can to keep water flowing while we work.
Our normal working hours will be Monday to Saturday from 7.30am until 7.30pm and on Sunday from 10am until 5pm
Why are you replacing the water main
The Victorian water main on Norwood Road is 130 years old and has been repaired several times in recent years, causing unplanned disruption for our customers.
In order to reduce emergency roadworks and protect our customer’s water supply, we’ve decided to completely upgrade the 840 metre pipe – that’s the length of nine football pitches!
What does this mean for me?
Throughout the upgrade, there will be lane closures and temporary traffic lights in place. This will help to maintain the flow of traffic in the area and to ensure our team can work safely.
Footpaths and pavements will not be affected.
Shops and businesses
All businesses on Norwood Road will be open as usual.
Bin collections and deliveries
Access for bin collections and deliveries will be provided for.
- From 27 May until 2 August the junction of Perran Road and Norwood Road will be closed to traffic.
- From 27 May until 23 October the Lancaster Avenue and York Hill junctions with Norwood Road will be closed to traffic, and we’ll also be using two-way temporary traffic lights to control traffic on Norwood Road.
- From 6 July to 23 November the junction where Leigham Vale meets Norwood Road will be closed.
There will be further road closures as this work progresses and w’ll keep this page updated with the details.
Parking and loading bay suspensions will be in place on Norwood Road at various points of our works.
As part of our planning, we’ve been working closely with London Buses and our work will require the closure of some bus stops.
- From 27 May until mid-October, bus route 315 (towards West Norwood only) will not serve Canterbury Grove, Royal Circus, York Hill, Norwood Road, Norwood High Street or Ernest Avenue. A long-term diversion will be in place via Leigham Court Road, Crown Lane (Crown Point) and Knights Hill, with buses terminating at Norwood Bus Garage.
- From 27 May until 2 August, the bus stop outside 160 Norwood Road will be closed.
- From 27 May until 6 August, the bus stops outside 262, 274A, 485-487 Norwood Road will be closed.
Detailed road plans
Can I find out more?
If you’d like further information, please call us on 0800 316 9800, selecting option 1 and quoting BB279802.
If you’re a business customer, you may wish to contact your Retailer for any additional information.